Oh and when I say today was excessively hot, I mean it still is. There was absolutely no way I was going to slave over a stove (okay, not slave, I enjoy it haha) for a few hours. Looks like its leftover night!
But I did make something delicious, cold, and refreshing. A smoothie!
First, I gathered my ingredients.
I chopped up two delicious ripe bananas.
1/4 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of ice cubes, and 1 cup milk...
Added everything but the ice, blended until smooth...
Added the ice cubes, and blended until smooth.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Makes two large smoothies or three small smoothies
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup ice cubes
1. Peel and slice the bananas
2. Add the milk, bananas, and peanut butter to a blender and blend until smooth
3. Add the ice cubes, and blend until smooth
4. Serve immediately in tall glasses
If this is a sign of the delightful smoothies to come, I can't wait for the rest of this hot summer!