Somehow my computer came down with a virus, and I spent all day yesterday and today trying to get rid of it. For the most part, I think it is gone. Although I am extreeeemely lucky that I didn't get one of those nasty viruses that completely wipe computers. So, I'm grateful. :)
Therefore, this post was supposed to be up last night. I was really excited for it too! But, things happen, so it's going up right now.
My boyfriend went on a fishing weekend with his friends this past weekend. He told me to expect some walleye, but he came back with some beautiful perch. That I, naturally, cooked for him. As he lovingly warned me not to "ruin his fish." Never! (He obviously forgot who he was talking to ;) ).
I sprinkled breading over the perch and baked it. Absolutely delicious.
I started out with everything I wanted the breading to have in it, basically. So happy I had bought the Italian breadcrumbs earlier for those delicious Zucchini Fries, and I couldn't wait to use them again! My boyfriend was excited I pulled the cayenne pepper out because he wanted a little kick to the breading.
Breaded Parmesan-Spice Baked Perch
- 2 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne red pepper (can always be omitted or replaced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound of perch (I had just shy of a pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 420°F
2. Grease or place parchment paper on a baking pan
3. In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and dried basil
4. In a very small bowl, melt the tablespoon of butter or margarine
5. Brush each fish fillet with butter, then immediately sprinkle or dip the fillet into the dry bread crumb mixture
6. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes with a fork
A perfect date night, eating baked fish by candlelight.
(And let me tell you, I had two pieces, but boyfriend had every. single. other. piece). He loved it!
I'm very sensitive to spice, but this was soo good. I can't wait for him to go fishing again, or for me to try this with another kind of fish!
Have a great rest of your Tuesday night, and I wish you a virus-free year!