For today, pretend you are a college student. Or, pretend you are back at college. In your dorm. It's a Friday. You just got back from a night on the town (presuming you went to a very large college, like I do). You don't have an oven. All you have is a microwave and those microwavable macaroni things. (Yum, but not after having them 5287341 days in a row.) All order-for-delivery places are open until 4AM. What do you order?
A nice Hungry Howie's cheese personal pizza with butter garlic crust. And its cheaper after 8PM. (Oh, college town deals..)
But regardless, this pizza is better than anything you can order. I call it "classy pizza."
The inspiration for this "classy pizza" comes from Pam at For the Love of Cooking. I love the inspiration she gives me for all of her recipes! Great tasting while still trying to be conservative and healthy.
And this would have been perfect for anyone's Memorial Day! It was very hassle-free and easy for me to whip up!
Three Cheese Tomato and Onion Pizza
- Pizza dough (you can make your own or use store-bought!)
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese, to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Red onion chunks/slices
- Fresh or dried basil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 425°F
2. Sprinkle cornmeal generously on a pizza stone. Heat the pizza stone before spreading the dough if that's what you like to do
3. Spread dough evenly onto the hot or cold pizza stone
4. Spoon the pizza sauce onto the dough. Put as much or as little as you like
5. Sprinkle as much or as little Mozzarella cheese as you like on your pizza
6. Sprinkle as much or as little Parmesan cheese as you like on your pizza (I put just slightly less than the Mozzarella)
7. Mix the minced garlic with the ricotta cheese, and top the cheeses with little dollops of ricotta cheese
8. Put as much or as little grape tomatoes and red onion chunks/slices as you wish to eat on your pizza
9. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste
10. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until the crust is brown and the cheese is melty and bubbling
11. Add fresh/dried basil, slice immediately after, and serve!
Hey, not too bad for my first pizza crust ;)
This is a recipe that I don't even want to add to or change. All I want to do is make it again!
"Classy pizza." Now that's something you can't order in!